DB SCHENKER TORCH
Global logistics company DB Schenker contacted LUMA to design and build a futuristic, Olympics inspired torch for their #weareschenker company event. The seven torches were sent around the world in an international relay, demonstrating DB Schenker’s ‘One team, one goal’ ethos. LUMA designed a single piece 3D printed body with a translucent 3D printed cover which allows the flame effect lighting to shine through. LUMA also designed the full electronics package which powers the torch, including charging capabilities and the flame effect produced by a coil of LEDs.
- 600mm tall, fully 3DPrinted design using both SLS and SLA technologies.
- Interactive multi-colour LED “torch effect”.
- Three month project timeline.
- GPS tracker included within the housing.
- LUMA – iD assembled the seven units which where shipped around the world.
- Charging ports to the internal GPS unit and arduino powered CPU for the lighting effects.
- Laser cut and laser etched badge featuring the company logo and corporate message.
For more information regarding this project, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAB-pFTRO2Q